What to Expect
Talking with an experienced therapist can change your life. It is more effective and longer-lasting than a prescription.
At South Shore Family Health Collaborative, we are focused on relational therapy, and bringing people together. Our study and work is on relationships: those with your partner, those with your family, those with the people that mean the most to you.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- A prompt response to your initial appointment request, phone call or email, within one day.
- A thoughtful match of your difficulties with an experienced therapist.
- An initial appointment in one week.
- Focused therapy that has a beginning, a middle, and, most importantly, an end.
- Brief therapy, with Couples Therapy typically involving 12 to 16 sessions and Family Therapy typically involving 10 to 20 sessions, depending on the problem.
- Substance abuse treatment that coordinates with other providers of services.
- Therapy that is respectful to race, culture, and sexual orientation.
- Confidential service that cannot be tampered. Because we do not work with insurance providers, your information cannot be misused or stolen. You will not be given a label.
- Length of therapy is determined by you. It can be one session or many sessions.
- The ability to coordinate services for families that could include group, individual, and couples therapy.
- Therapists here are mature, experienced, award-winning, multi-talented persons committed to improving their skills in psychotherapy.